The Project Management primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals. Project Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company projects and include, but are not limited to:
Regular Functions include:
- Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community.
- Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans.
- Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations.
- Leading and directing cross-functional teams to meet program cost, schedule, and technical performance objectives.
- Measuring and reporting program performance.
- Delivering presentations to customers, executive management, and other program stakeholders.
- Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
- Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration, and test.
- Creation, review, and finalization of the program Statement of Work. Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements. Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines. Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools. Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning.
- Managing suppliers to meet program objectives. Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards.
- Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope and manages change through control board activities.
- Development and adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation, and realization
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6-10+ years, or master’s and 4-8+ years’ experience
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Excellent communication skills, presentation experience, and the ability to work with a diverse community of engineers and managers to achieve the programmatic and technical goals
- History of direct customer interaction at the Program Management level