Product Leaders is responsible for Leading and directing one or more project teams in the professional services arena. The focus in this position will be on management of operations phase but will also include cooperation with Business Development for new business opportunities. Primary responsibilities are providing technical and analytical guidance to project team(s) and include but are not limited to.
Regular Functions include:
- Prepares project execution plan and coordinates activities between client and company personnel.
- Monitors project completion from initiation through delivery to meet revenue and cost projections.
- Oversees performance of projects or engagements and typically utilizes management skills more than technical skills.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community.
- Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans.
- Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations.
- Leading and directing cross-functional teams to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives.
- Measuring and reporting program performance.
- Delivering presentations to customers, executive management, and other program stakeholders.
- Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
- Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration, and test.
- Creation, review, and finalization of program Statements of Work. Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements.
- Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines.
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools. Identifying, allocating, and managing program resources, including workforce planning. Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
- Development and adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation, and realization.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or master’s degree
- 10 years of relevant experience – 5 years of relevant experience as an individual contributor, AND 5 years of relevant team leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills, presentation experience, and the ability to work with a diverse community of engineers and managers to achieve the programmatic and technical goals
- History of direct customer interaction at the Program Management level